OUTSTANDING PACIFIC PRODUCTS
True Pacific is a programme bringing outstanding Pacific products to the rest of the world. Launched in September 2011, True Pacific is an initiative of the New Zealand-based, non-profit Pacific Co-operation Foundation (PCF). The True Pacific programme works closely with Pacific Island producers of food beverage and unique artisan products, helping them to grow and reach new markets.
The True Pacific quality mark verifies that the products displaying it are of genuine Pacific origin and meet the True Pacific quality standards. To earn a True Pacific license, producers must register with the programme and meet a set of assessment criteria which confirm products are high quality and effective systems are in place.
PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS TO DATE
The glittering September 2011 launch at Auckland’s Cloud has been followed up with a year of notable highlights, including:
- Development of a number of new distribution channels, most notably through Turners and Growers, New World, Kai Online, and a True Pacific stall that was held at Parnell’s famous French Markets over the 2011/12 summer
- Establishment of a presence online and in social media
- Working with True Pacific ‘s inexhaustible Ambassador Robert Oliver, co-author of Me’a Kai: The Food and Flavours of the South Pacific, which won Best Cookbook in the World 2010 at the prestigious Gourmand Book Awards
- Raising the profile of True Pacific at the 2012 Pacific Islands Forum, when US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stopped by and was photographed by 4PI Marketing with the True Pacific team and a “Hot Samoan Boy.”
- Showcasing the Best of the Pacific at the True Pacific Shop, as part of the 2013 Pacific Showcase on Auckland's waterfront
- Launching the True Pacific online shop in May 2013, making a selection of True Pacific products available for New Zealanders to purchase online.